Royal China Club on Baker Street was recently awarded the coveted three-tier Pagoda Trophy, the highest accolade possible, alongside Hakkasan and Hutong at the Legacy of Taste Awards 2015.
Head Chef Billy Wong has kindly provided a recipe for Royal China Club’s delicious Pan Fried King’s Scallop with Foie Gras.
Preparing the Foie Gras
1. Cut a piece of Foie Gras the same size as the scallop; season with a pinch of salt and white pepper, then dust with flour.
2. Wait until the pan is hot, and then place the Foie Gras into the pan keeping a medium flame (no need for oil).
3. After about 1 minute the natural fat of the Foie Gras will melt.
4. Take out the Foie Gras and remove the fat, repeat the same frying process on the other side.
Preparing the Scallop
1. Separate the king scallop from the shell and rinse under the tap.
2. Soak up the excessive water with a clean cloth.
3. Heat the pan and add a few drops of olive oil.
4. Pan fry the scallop until slightly brown.
5. Turn the scallop and fry the other side until slight brown.
Preparing the sauce
1. Warm the pan.
2. Add finely chopped shallots and red wine.
3. Using medium flame, keep stirring until warm.
4. Season with black pepper.
Sandwich the cooked scallop with two pieces of prepared Foie Gras. Pour the sauce on top and serve.