Head Chef Steve Smith of Michelin starred Bohemia Bar and Restaurant has shared his unique recipe for Jersey Royal ice cream.
Steve Smith endeavours to offer a variety of local, fresh produce in all of his dishes at Bohemia. The majority of ingredients such as the famous Jersey Royal Potato are locally sourced from the island of Jersey. Steve has created a truly outstanding dining experience with his ingredient and flavour driven tasting menus at Bohemia.
1 kg Finely sliced Jersey Royals
500g Borbier unsalted butter
500ml Skimmed milk
60g Pro crema
500ml whole milk
120ml Creme Fraiche/fromage blanc
2 tbspn brown butter
2 tspn Salt
1. Caramelise the sliced Jersey Royals in the butter until completely golden brown.
2. Drain from the butter.
3. Add the milk to the pro crema and bring to the boil.
4. Add the drained potatoes and allow to steep for 45 minutes.
5. Keep 500g of the potatoes. Blend the kept potatoes, milk mix, creme fraiche, brown butter and salt.
6. Blend until completely smooth then place into a Paco jet beaker and freeze.
Steve Smith is one of the world’s most distinguished chefs. Steve Smith has won a Michelin Star five times and has held a Michelin star for over 20 years. Bohemia is the only Michelin starred restaurant in the Channel Islands. The restaurant currently holds five AA rosettes and has been ranked as the 11th best restaurant in the whole of the UK by the Good Food Guide 2018. Bohemia is the only restaurant in the Channel Islands to be featured, and outranks some of the most famous restaurants cementing Bohemia firmly on the international culinary map.
Bohemia Bar & Restaurant, Green Street, St. Helier, Jersey JE2 4UH, Channel Islands